Nita and I spent twenty-six days touring Florida; we spent some quality time with friends and family which would rank among our Top Ten Activities, but I want to give you here the ten things that we did that you could do if you chose to do your own Florida Adventure.
1. My favorite activity was our kayak tour of the backwaters of the Everglades. The wildlife seen and the information provided by our guide was special and created a lasting memory.
2. The Atlantis Water Slides gave both Nita and I an opportunity to be a kid again… together. It was expensive, $120 each for the day, but I’d pay a lot more then that to be 14 years old again for a day.
3. I put over 80 miles on my bike seeing the back streets and country roads of Florida cities. This gave me the opportunity to see Florida and its Islands up close.
4. Our best food experience was found in Cedar Key at Toney’s. The past two years their Clam Chowder has been named “Best of US.”
5. The tour of Cumberland Island in the back of a pick-up truck provided a “WOW” around every corner, and the 35 mph sip down the beach with birds flying with us was a hoot.
6. The Dali Museum, even though it was my third visit, first to the new facility, once again gave me a better incite into what art is all about.
7. The Shrimp Abaco at O.C. Whites in Saint Augustine was a great meal and one that I can duplicate at home.
8. Seeing the launch of Discovery then viewing the two IMAX movies at Kennedy Space Center gave me a new respect for the astronauts and the space program.
9. The opportunity to step back into the Aristocrat Age on Jekyll Island and see how the other half lived then lost gave an incite into US history and a view of what
might be tomorrow.
10. The Dueling Dragons ride with Ron was somthing that will bring a smile to my face for many years to come.
Chick here to see all of our Florida Adventure Photos